TY Work Experience
- Finding and Preparing for Work Experience – see the attached worksheet document below that students will work through with your Guidance Counsellor.
- Use your contacts or your family members to help get placements that you may be interested in.
- Some organisations will require students to present a CV. A sample copy of a basic CV that can be edited is attached below. Students will be helped with this in September.
- Take a look here at some more placements, this includes various Trinity College department programmes that students can apply for next year. Examples of these programmes include Biochemistry & Immunology, Nursing & Midwifery, Computer Science & Statistics,
- Other programmes and opportunities such as The Bar of Ireland TY Programme will be discussed with students in TY as they arise. Students cannot apply for some of these programmes until they are actually in Transition Year. It will always be important for students to check the information provided by the Transition Year Co-ordinator and Guidance Counsellor.
- Some programmes are run external to the school and students will need to apply to them directly themselves. For example, The IHL Mater Hospital Programme is very popular. Contact Mater Hospital if you would like to see if there are places available at this point.